Adventurous Spirit Retreat
September 12-18 2022
Wilderness Island, Exmouth Gulf
Wilderness Island "Where the world has paused".....Spend some time connecting back into your most courageous self and rediscovering your own innate power on a remote privately owned island in the Exmouth Gulf - the nursery of the World Heritage Listed Ningaloo Reef.
Arriving by plane to this magical spot sets the scene for a week of adventure exploring yourself through Tantric Hatha Yoga, inspiring workshops and daily journeys into this raw landscape. Snorkel underwater caves, traverse untouched islands and witness the magnificence of nature.
September is Humpback Whale season for Exmouth, with mothers and calves resting in the Gulf's sheltered waters on their journey south, and the island lodge provides the perfect spot for whale watching. This area is rich in marine life and your time here is bound to fill you with wonder as you dive into its waters or navigate the mangroves by boat. Let your heart soar with new possibilities and ways of being.....
You'll stay in twin share Bush Luxury cabins with unique outdoor ensuites and spacious verandahs designed to wile the time away gazing over the bush and water, or simply kick back with a good book. There's something about this place that resets you- reception is limited, there's no one for miles and the place exudes tranquility....
Reconnect back to yourself during the day and sleep comfortably at night lulled by the sounds of waves lapping on the beach. There's really no place like it.
* 7 Days/6 Nights on the privately owned Wilderness Island. We will be the only guests on the island with a maximum of 12 people.
* Scenic flights to and from the island. View the Exmouth Gulf and Ningaloo Reef from the air.
* Three delicious meals plus snacks daily. Vegetarian/vegan and Pescatarian options (all seafood is locally caught using sustainable and ethical methods)
* Twice daily yoga to rediscover and remember who you truly are
* Three inspiring Yogic Life Coaching workshops designed to ignite your courage and fearlessness. Become the most empowered version of you.
* Daily adventures either guided or self- guided. Explore the Eastern side of the Exmouth Gulf and discover the wonders of this unique eco-system from those who know it best
* Use of kayaks and Stand Up Paddleboards to continue your adventures in your free time. If fishing is your thing, there is fishing gear available for use. Dinghys and boats are also available for hire (at an extra cost)
* Plenty of time to just relax, reset and recharge on this island paradise
Eco & Sustainability Initiatives
Wilderness Island initiatives:
* Solar power on all cabins
* Desalinated sea water as well as rain water capture
* All rubbish is separated with glass bottles recycled and funds donated to the Exmouth Wildlife Care & Rescue group
* Food scraps are composted for use on the islands vegetable and herb gardens
* All produce is sourced locally supporting local businesses as well as reducing our carbon footprint
* All seafood is sourced from the surrounding waters of the island. We only take what we need and encourage all guest to catch and release if fishing
* All guests receive a re-useable water bottle on arrival
* Free drinking water provided
Inner Power Yoga initiatives:
* We always work with local business and service providers to ensure all monies remain in this remote community
* We encourage guests to tread lightly on the environment taking into respect the unique and fragile eco-system of the North West Cape, Exmouth Gulf and Ningaloo Reef
* We use organic essential oils sourced by Halka B in Fremantle, Western Australia and support local artisans when sourcing gifts for our guests
* We encourage the use of reef friendly sun screens to protect both ourselves and the marine life
Early Bird until 28 March 2022
Full Price $3695
Deposit of $500 required to secure booking with balance due by September 1 2022
Who We Are
Cassandra Pickel has been practicing yoga for some 26 years and running retreats
since 2018 in Indonesia and the Ningaloo Reef. Exmouth has been her home for the
last 16 years and she loves showcasing the area to others while guiding them back
to their true selves through Tantric Hatha Yoga.
"To me teaching yoga is less about the physical practice and more about the underpinning philosophy and subtler aspects of the Tradition. I’m passionate about
life, in particular in leading an authentic, fulfilling and empowered life, and it is this
that I wish to pass on to others. As the Tantrics say, life is a gift from the Divine and I believe we owe it to ourselves and the world to shine our light and our uniqueness."
Cassandra has completed over 750hrs of yoga teacher trainings including a 500hr
Yoga Teacher Training with VIYETT (Melbourne), 50hr Tantric Hatha Training with The Practice Bali, a 50hr Ayurveda Yoga Specialist Level 1 Training with Brad Hay of Embodied Wisdom and 200hrs of additional trainings with ParaYoga under the guidance of Rod Stryker. She continues to study within the Tantric Tradition and considers herself to be a student first and a teacher second.
Meet Jim and Kim the owners of Wilderness Island....
Jim started this journey a decade ago and along the way, I joined him. What started
as a childhood dream (Robinson Crusoe) to where we are today has been a passion. Dedication and resilience have brought us where we are today.
Our mission is to create a home, a place where family, friends and future friends can come and visit. Where they truly can take a break from the rat race and get back to nature and tap into their inner child that we never lose.
We hope you will come and visit us soon.